Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Back in the Hospital


Sam woke up very sick early Friday morning, and, after a brief ambulance ride, was admitted to the ICU. Another pseudomonas infection (now cipro resistant), but this time it jumped into his blood stream and sent him into septic shock and acute kidney failure. He was released from the ICU yesterday, and is now on the cardiac floor for an irregular heartbeat. Lots of stuff going on. Bottom line- he was very sick, but he's going to be OK.  If you haven't heard from either of us during the last few days, this is why. We'll likely be here all week. A big thank you to my sister-in-law, Charlotte Tripson, for helping me out with the night shift so I can be with my babies.

And speaking of babies~ let's lighten the mood here with some pictures. It's almost time to try some solids so we've been practicing sitting in our seat.

Alice Ann, almost 4 months old

Jack, almost 4 months old

1 comment:

  1. Breaks My Heart!! I love you kids!! Praying Praying.....Hugs!

    ReplyDelete