Friday, April 20, 2012

Day +17

Sam is doing great.  His counts have been up and down, but apparently this is normal.  They've taken down a few other medications and again lowered the rate on his pain pump.  We've been doing exercises and walking laps, and he's continuing to eat like a champ.  The one downside is that he's having some intestinal issues and is needing to use the bathroom much more frequently.  His doctors aren't sure if this is just a side effect of the high dose chemo or the very beginning of gvhd.  He's scheduled to go in for some tests on Monday to find out.  If it is gvhd, it's treatable.  In fact, his doctor said a mild case isn't always a bad thing since it's likely attacking any residual lymphoma cells, and relapse rates tend to be lower for patients who've gone through it.  Hoping for gvhd?  No.  Just not as terrified as I've been.



Hospital life can get a little monotonous so it's always a pleasure when Kelli Powell stops by.  She's one of the music therapists here, and she's amazing.  Regardless of what's going on, she always gets Sam laughing and me crying (in a good way).  She had her ukulele with her today so I requested a special little song for Jack - something my grandmother would always sing to me.  Thanks Kelli!


 
 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I don't think I have heard the 2nd and 3rd verse since I was 4 or 5! She has a beautiful voice! So happy to ear the good news! Got you both in our prayers! Love you two! Cindy

    ReplyDelete