Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day +5

Sam's having an OK day.  His mouth pain is getting worse (completely normal and expected) so he's finally made peace with his pain button.  We got to spend part of the day with Jack and the rest of our families back in Florida via Skype.  It's been so hard not having Jack here with us.  Actually some days it's nearly unbearable.  I know he's more than fine with my mom, and it makes me so happy to think of him out in the beautiful weather enjoying the beach or the park.  But I'd be lying if I said it didn't break my heart to not have him with me.  Obviously, things are pretty intense here and Sam is my priority.  We're a team, and we're going to get through this together.  It's just a very strange feeling to have your child so far away.

Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend.  Tomorrow starts Week 3 for us!

Jack, 1 year ago today

No comments:

Post a Comment